Thursday, April 10, 2008

WOW--Another RV friends fix

We had another of our RVing friends come through for a short visit. Don & Vicki Leith, who have been sitting over in Arkansas for several months while they have been building a new house, stopped over this afternoon for a visit. They are on their way west to California to do volunteer work at the Baker to Vegas Run. The Baker to Vegas Run is a relay run from Baker, California, to Las Vegas, Nevada, for teams made up from law enforcement departments.


Don & Vicki were staying in an RV Park not far from our house. We met them at their coach and visited for a few minutes before going to dinner. They travel with his dog, Tess, and her cat, Furbie.
We went to dinner at the world famous Cattleman's Restaurant down in the Stockyards area of Oklahoma City. After a good steak dinner we drove out to our house and had a good visit, catching up on what has gone on since we saw them last this past fall when we stopped by their place one our way to the east coast.



They will be heading out in the morning to continue their trip west. We really enjoyed their visit and hope to see them again soon.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rick, I'm enjoying reading your blog, somewhat to my surprise. I've never in my younger days thought "Wow, I can't wait til I'm 50-something and can run around in a big RV!" However, now I'm here and we're leading up to Bill's Big Route 66 Adventure (the date of which shall remain unnamed), I must admit the idea is growing on me. Mainly, I wanted to say that your weblog is about to be visited by members of our party from across the UK and Australia, well, Manchester and Sydney, anyhow. Also, you've done us proud, pointing out Oklahoma's culture and cuisine! I'll be in touch via email to pick your brains, seeing as how you're experienced at this and all... Take care - Shelley