Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another year, another birthday

Well, another year in my life has passed as I celebrated my birthday yesterday. I had received a coupon, via e-mail, for a free gourmet burger at Red Robin. We recently discovered the local Red Robin place when they sponsored an on-line game I've played. After our first visit I had signed up in their customer appreciation club. I have twice been e-mailed coupons for free food, once when I first registered with the site and then for my birthday.

Anyway, this birthday was one of the big ones. I can now claim full senior citizen status as I turned 62. Already signed up for Social Security and received the approval. Am scheduled to receive my first check in January. Not sure if I should feel any different as an official senior citizen since I've been getting the senior citizen discounts for some time. Most places offer the discounts starting at age 55 or 60 but with my gray beard very seldom does any one even ask if I'm eligible, they just give it to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Rick and welcome to the entitlement club of SS! Register at Cold Stone too we just had Jean's free sundae yesterday.

Enjoy the new beanies of the 62 club