Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Another Christmas gathering

Three more little girls and more presents opened.

Tonight Alan, my youngest son, came to visit with his family. He and Cathy brought our youngest granddaughter, Cadence, and her older, twin sisters, Madison and Katlyn. This was the first time the twins had met our new little Bridgit Jeane and they all had a big time playing with our little dog. After the girls all opened their Christmas gifts we all sat around the table and shared a chocolate chip pie and visited. We had a big time with the girls and they seemed to enjoy the gifts they received. Cadence will be four years old this next February and the twins are now eight. It's kind of funny, as a Dad I only had little boys. Now as Grandpa I'm surrounded with all these beautiful little girls.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I seem to remember meeting your sons when they were gawky - teenagers? pre-teens even? Only the once, though. I expect having grand-daughters is extra-special for you, having only had sons. "Only"...like loads of folks wouldn't give anything for a son... Never mind. Happy Christmas to you and Joanne!

Rick Stone said...

Shelly,

Actually, Alan babysat for Johnny at least once when you and Nick lived in your Dad's house on North Penn.

Shelley said...

Wow, I completely forgot about that - selective memory, that's what I have!