Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day and an Anniversary

Want to wish all my friends and family a Happy Independence Day. This country was founded by a group of people that felt they should be free to set up the type government they desired. These people became the Continental Army. Since then men and women of our nations Armed Forces have maintained that freedom. So, on this day we need to stop for a few minutes to thank our services members, both past and present, for serving.


On a related note, it was 45 years ago tomorrow that I stepped on an airplane for the
first time to leave Oklahoma, heading for San Diego. That began my love affair with the United States Navy. As anyone who knows me realizes that the Navy has been a major part of my life. So, tomorrow, July 5, marks a major milestone in my life.


No comments: