Saturday, September 22, 2012

Granddaughter fix

A day with middle granddaughter.

Aurora, my middle granddaughter, spent the day with me.  Her mother had to work and asked if I'd keep her.  (As a grandparent I don't consider the time I spend with any of my grandkids as "baby sitting".)  She got here around 9:30 and headed straight to the toy cabinet.  In the past she has enjoyed pulling all the toys out but never seemed to be interested in putting them back when the time came.  Today was not a problem.  She is now six years old and in the first grade in school.

Mid-morning we loaded into the car and headed south.  Aurora was the only one of my kids or grand kids that had not been down to the cemetery in Byars to see Joanne's burial monument.  It's about a 65 mile drive down there and she sang and entertained herself in the back seat most of the way before falling asleep a few miles before we got there.  She was very interested in the names on all the tombstones, especially the many with the name Stone on them.  We had stopped on the way down to pick up some new flowers to place on "Grandma" and "Great-Grandma"'s graves.  (As has been mentioned in previous post my mother's grave is just two spaces over from Joanne's.)

After the cemetery we headed back north.  We stopped in Purcell to have lunch at Braum's and then over to the assisted living center to see "Great-Grandpa".  My dad always enjoys the visits from the little ones.  He always has to find something to give them to take home with them.  He had won a door prize at a recent cookout at the center, a large basket full of different brands of potato chips.  He sent a big bag home with Aurora.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Love the photo of Aurora and your Dad.