Saturday, May 31, 2008

Some more pictures from the mini-reunion



















As was mentioned in my previous post the mini-reunion was held in the American Farmers & Ranchers building. This building was originally the first high school built in Oklahoma City and was called Oklahoma High School. The name was later changed to Central High School. It is a four story building but when it was redesigned for offices the center was opened up for an large atrium going all the way up with a huge skylight in the middle. The above picture is in the atrium area and was the original school auditorium. In the background, behind where the tables are set up you can see what is left of the original stage. This picture was taken from what was the balcony level of the old auditorium.



George and Max Stone. One of the main reasons for this mini-reunion was to help celebrate our folks 71st wedding anniversary which occurred on May 15, 2008. Dad is the Patriarch of this Stone clan since is is the oldest surviving member.








We were some of the first to arrive. Here we are seated with my folks waiting for the others to arrive. In the picture, l to r, are my oldest grand daughter Aurora, my wife Joanne, my mother-in-law Mardell, my folks, and me.







Our family, from r to l, George, Max, George Jr (Bill), Chester, David and Richard (Rick). We are lined up in order of age.





And here is my family posing with the folks. R to l, George, Max, Cadence (youngest grand daughter), Rick, Joanne, Alex, Aurora (middle grand daughter) and Alan.

This is the whole group of family members who showed up to honor my parents. These include many of their extened family, including the some of the children of Dad's siblings and also his surviving brother and sister.

No comments: