Monday, December 29, 2008

Being sick sucks

Well, here I sit, can't sleep due to clogged sinuses and continual coughing fits. Started getting a head cold last Tuesday evening. With everyone coming to our house for Christmas I just chose to suck it up and get through the holiday. By the time everyone left our place on Christmas Day I was going down hill fast and went to bed about 8:30pm. Not that it did much good. Have not been able to sleep for more than an hour or so at a time since then. Also, when I lay down my sinuses clog up so bad I can't breath. I've pumped so many medicines down me that my stomach started to revolt last night. Now I just got clogged sinus and a terrible sore throat.

I don't get sick very often and when I do I'm a terrible patient. I think Jo would just as soon go stay with her mom than have to look out for me. Also, during the few times I have been sick with a cold, flu, etc., I've never had them hang on this long. Guess my first thing to do after daylight hits is call the doctor's office and see if I can get in. Being sick really does suck, especially when you are a whiny-ass male who becomes an invalid.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I think it's everywhere! Bill and I have been really ill the last few weeks -- I spent an entire week and a half in bed, fighting a fever through each night and trying to catch up on rest the rest of the time. It's down to a rib cracking cough with screaming back and chest muscles...I'm lousy at being sick as well... Let's hope we all get better soon! S

Rick Stone said...

Went to the doctor this morning. Seems this little cold would not go away because it is actually pneumonia. No wonder I kept getting worse and not better. A couple of shots and a couple of prescriptions and go back to see the doctor on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be better then but no miracles yet.

Unknown said...

AWWWWWWWWW the whiney-ass chief laffs. All kidding aside glad you could get through Christmas with all the family and now don't go do anything foolish tomorrow night.

Happy New Year

Vicki and Don said...

Glad to hear that you've finally gone to the doctor! Sorry to hear the diagnosis, but with a shot and RX you should be heading the right direction!

Sounds like you are about the same as my husband...a terrible patient (and like most men)! Hope you are feeling better soon - not the way to be welcoming in the new year!