Sunday, May 8, 2011

A day to honor our Mothers

On this day I wish all Mother's a Happy Mother's Day.




I would love to be able to tell my Mother how much she has meant to me over the years and to get a big hug from her. She turned 92 this past March and currently resides in a nursing home in Purcell, Oklahoma. Due to the injuries she suffered in an automobile accident last year she is bedfast and kept on some pretty strong pain medications. That coupled with her progressed dementia she is pretty unresponsive and asleep most of the time. When she is awake she does not seem to have any recognition of anyone, including her family. Next Sunday will be my parents 74th wedding anniversary. Below are some pictures of my wonderful Mom.




Left: Mom at age 16.

Right: Mom in 1957.












Left: Mom in Hawaii in 1965.

Right: My parents at their 71st anniversary party.














No comments: