Sunday, May 22, 2011

Said goodbye to a wonderful woman today

My Mom got to see the face of God today.

After many years of a failing mind and a suffering body my Mom is now clear headed and without pain. Tonight she stepped up to the gates of Heaven and God said, "Enter, my good and faithful servant". Though she will be missed hear on earth she has earned her reward of eternal life.


Following the auto accident last August she has been bed fast in a nursing home with multiple injuries. She had suffered with dementia for several years and often could not remember which of us were with her at any given time. Mom spent her life caring for her family. During those many years our Dad traveled heavily due to his work. That left Mom at home to raise their four sons. I always felt especially close to her as I was the youngest. As the older boys married and moved on I had several years of one-on-one time with her. I also had the luxury of the folks being a bit more affluent than in their earlier years so Mom and I were able to do things together that the older boys did not. My folks had many great years together. On May 15, 2011, they had been married 74 years.


Here are some pictures of my wonderful Mom. The first was at their 71st wedding anniversary, the second was when she was 16 years old, and the last was her as a small child.


Maskell L. (Weed)Stone 3/4/1919-5/22/2011




2 comments:

Linda and Andy Clarkson said...

We are sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. It is really tough to lose your Mom - hold on to the belief that she is in Heaven and no longer in pain, it does help a little. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

My mother passed on the same day a month later.