Friday, March 30, 2012

Fun night at the theatre

Favorite niece, dinner and a play. Does not get any better.

Had a "date" tonight with my wonderful niece, Carrie. We met at her grandmothers house after she got off work. (Her grandmother is also my mother-in-law.) After she changed for a night out we headed to Romano's Macaroni Grill for a good Italian dinner. Carrie says she really enjoys when I take her out to dinner because she gets to have something beside hamburgers or other fast food that her family insist on having. Also, so far, she had never been to any of the places I've taken her. After dinner we headed down to Lyric on the Plaza to see the play "Spring Awakening". This play was very different than the normal fare that we are used to seeing done by Lyric. Not sure everyone in the audience was prepared for this show since several people did not stay after the intermission. My friend, Jonathan Beck Reed, led the cast in this show and did his regular outstanding job.

(Sorry the picture is a bit blurry. This was taken by my 91 year old mother-in-law and she tends to shake a bit.) As usual when I'm doing something with Carrie I had a great time. Looking forward to the next occasion.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

So, when are you going to take your mother-in-law out on a date? How is she doing?

Just back from 6 weeks in Australia...way behind on blog reading!