Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Minnesota 2012--Day 4

Some relaxing and some grave walking.

The dogs and I spent the morning just relaxing around the coach after spending three days on the road.  They seemed to enjoy having me all to themselves for awhile.

In the afternoon I headed up past Proctor, Minnesota, to a small cemetery where an Uncle and Aunt of Joanne are buried.  This is her Dad's younger brother, Bud, and his wife Dorothy.  We drove out there last year when we were here to take a picture of their grave marker for the Find A Grave memorial page I had set up.  At the time we estimated there were about 200 or so graves there.  (This is the Solway Cemetery in the Solway community in the Lammers, Minnesota area.)  After taking another look at the memorials on Find A Grave for that cemetery I found that there had only been 22 documented, including the two I set up last year.  So, today I went out and took pictures of all the headstones, all 265 of them.  I've spent this evening copying the information off each picture to make a list so that I can start entering them on the website.  (This may take awhile because I still have about 1,000 to get entered from Resurrection Memorial Cemetery in Oklahoma City where Joanne's Dad is buried.)

No comments: