Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spring Rally 2012--Day 2

Good breakfast and a day on the lake.

A beautiful day at Greers Ferry Lake. The view out my front windshield of the lake is great. When Don & Vicki built their house they not only built a garage to house their RV they made sure their RV friends had a place to stay. On each side of their house are large RV pads with full 50amp electric service, water and sewer hookups.

Started off today with a great breakfast fixed by Vicki and then it was time to take their pontoon boat out on the lake. We crossed the lake and met up with some friends of theirs. We anchored in a cove near a marina and tied the boats together for an afternoon of relaxing and visiting. Many times there will be several of their friends boats that link up like this for a day on the lake. The pontoon boat has a bar-b-que grill mounted on the front so we had lunch while out there. We had a good time with only one mishap.  As I was leaning over the side to untie the two boats my brand new "smart" phone fell out of my pocket and sank in about 35ft of water.  (My thought at the time was if this phone was so "smart" then why didn't it make some attempt to save itself.)  Although Don & I elected to stay on the dry boat Vicki and their friends did go swimming in the lake.

After returning to shore we got back to the house around 4:30.  Vicki and I left Don to take care of the boat while we jumped in my car for a 50 mile trip to Conway to find a Sprint Phone Store.  Found the Sprint Store but unfortunately they were out of stock for the phone I wanted.  Best Buy wanted way too much for a replacement phone so we wound up getting it at Radio Shack.  (The original "smart" phone I got last month was via an allowed upgrade with my Sprint service so I got the phone at a deep discount.  This time around I had to pay full price.  OUCH!)  We got back to Greers Ferry around 7:30 and Don had dinner ready for us, hot off the grill.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I've not succumbed to the newer phone gadgets, nifty as they may be. My mobile phone - a hand me down from a friend - gets turned on when I want to make a phone call or when Bill and I have made prior arrangements to ring one another. I spent too many years on call to enjoy being 'connected'. I like not being available, so there's really no point in buying fancy gadgets. Will your home owner's insurance cover your phone?