Saturday, May 19, 2012

Spring Rally 2012--Day 16

Working the rally, a little Pacific Island music and then it was over.

The rally just keeps rolling along.  Most of my time has been spent taking care of the financial matters but otherwise I've pretty well hung out at the coach with my dogs.  It has been really hard doing all this without Joanne.  Outside of our families the people in this club were the ones that Joanne was closest too.  I did spend some time out on the golf cart taking a few pictures of this beautiful park.  Directly in the middle of all of this is a great little lake.  It is situated between the RV Park and the rest of the facility.


CERAland Lake


Thursday and Friday were pretty routine with the necessary seminars.  Some of the members took tours of the Cummins Engine Plant to see how the big diesel engines that push these beast along are made.  Thursday evening after dinner, in lieu of paid entertainment, was a rousing evening of Bingo with some pretty good prizes.  Friday evening we were entertained by the Jerry Clark Group.  This basically consist of three brothers who sing music from the Pacific Islands while their wives perform as hula dancers.  The theme for the evening was Hawaiian including the meal. 
Jerry Clark Group

Many of our members dressed in their best Hawaiian attire.  Here is Carol Lenoir and Ernie (Ernestine?) Robertson.


During this rally we had an election of officers for the next two years.  Most of the current officers were reelected.  After four years as the Treasurer I chose to step aside and let someone new take over.  This decision was made during the past year, before we knew of Joanne's illness.  I have enjoyed keeping the accounts for the club but in this past year my interest has waned.  On Friday night I was recognized by the club President, Gary Granat, for the job I had done.  Was given a very nice Discover account gift card.  I took a few minutes to address the rally to express all the support that I had been given and especially there cards, letters, e-mails and phone calls that came in over the past few months.  There are no better people on earth than RV people and the Monaco America club are the best of the bunch.



Gary Granat recognizing my work as club Treasurer

Today was spent mostly with closing out the financial records for this rally, making sure all the bills were paid and transferring all the files and records over to the new Treasurer, Bob Allen.  This included a trip to the next town, about 20 miles away, to the nearest branch of Chase Bank to have me taken off the accounts and Bob put on.  We also spent a couple of hours going over the accounts so he felt a little more comfortable with our accounting spreadsheets.  Around 7:00 this evening we transferred all the boxes of material from the back of my car into his motor home.  This included all the financial historical records of the club and the rallies, all the club logo merchandise that we sell at the rallies and the large plastic tub that holds the working supplies.  Can't say that I'm sorry to get rid of all that stuff I've had to haul around for the past four years.  So, the rally is over and most of the coaches pulled out today.  There are probably a dozen or so left here.  Most of us will be on the road tomorrow morning.  The dogs and I will head out in the morning.  If all goes well we should be back home sometime Monday evening.



2 comments:

Shelley said...

I can see doing the music thing if one is so inclined, but don't see me ever getting excited about hula dancing. I sort of gave that up when I was about 12.

So, what new hobby or contribution will you be taking up instead of the treasurer role?

Rick Stone said...

Shelly--I'm sure I'll keep busy. We got home about 3:00pm last Monday and I've already spent two days at the local cemetery recording graves for findagrave.com.