Monday, May 7, 2012

Spring Rally 2012--Day 4

A little relaxing, a little grave walking and then back on the road.

Sunday was fairly uneventful.  Vicki fixed a great Sunday brunch that we enjoyed out on their patio/deck.  This gives a great view of the lake.  Later I sought out a couple of cemeteries in the area to photograph some headstones.  One cemetery, over by Shirley, Arkansas, had been documented on Find A Grave by someone else but there were very few pictures added.  I took about 100 pictures that I later uploaded to the individual memorial pages.  Another cemetery, that I had passed on my drive in, had photo request posted for eight of the graves so I drove over there and found the graves so I could fulfil the request for some folks.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing and visiting with Don & Vicki.  They had taken the pontoon boat back to it's storage facility and were ready to kick back.  They have the big RV garage plus a four car garage attached to the other side of the house they don't have a space big enough to hold the pontoon boat.  The four car garage is filled with their two vehicles, a jet boat, Ski-Doos and a flat trailer. 

This morning, Monday, it was time to hook up and get back on the road.  We pulled out around 8:30 and started working our way back to Interstate 40 and further east.  We picked up I-40 just west of Memphis.  We stopped for the night at a small RV park about 40 miles west of Nashville.  That will give us less than 300 miles to travel tomorrow to our destination in Columbus, Indiana.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Now, I've heard of planning routes to take in the sights, shopping, and genealogical sources of other types, but I've not ever heard of planning a route to take pictures of graves for other people... It's different - and it helps other people, so good on you.