Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Florida Bound 2012--Day 13

A day at the track,

Went to the Daytona International Speedway today to take their tour. They offer two tours. One takes about 30 minutes and pretty much just take people around the track in a tram. The other, and the one I took, is supposed to last 90 minutes and is a very through tour of the entire facility. (Our tour guide took extra time to explain things and the tour lasted over two hours.) I'm not a big fan of NASCAR but my niece, Carrie, loves it. She asked me to take a bunch of pictures, especially one of the statue of Dale Earnhardt Sr. that stands in front of the stadium.

Here are a few of the pictures I took during the tour:






The main grandstand.



The Flagman's Tower.




Standing in the Winner's Circle.










This evening, after returning back to Ron & Kay's, the three of went to a place called Hidden Treasure for a good seafood dinner.

2 comments:

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carrie said...

Thank you for taking the picture. It's the background on my desktop at work. I love it!