Thursday, January 5, 2012

Florida Bound 2012--Day 1

On the road again.

Finally got the motor home's wheels rolling. Been doing this RV thing since 1997 and this is the first time I've done this by myself. Well, not totally alone. I do have Buddy Joe and Bridgit Jeane with me. We left home about 8:30 this morning and after 409 miles we arrived in Greenwood, Louisiana.

It is kind of good having the dogs with me. Joanne was always after me to stop every couple of hours to take the dogs out for a few minutes to "let them do their business". Now little Bridgit tells me every so often that she needs to go out. After several stops we found ourselves in McKinney, Texas, a little after noon so we stopped for lunch. We have RV friends based there where they work for a company that manufactures and sells power window shades for RV's. Gave them a call to say hi only to learn they had left around 11:00 AM, heading to Tampa, Florida, for the big Tampa RV Show that will be held next week. Hopefully I can catch up with Jim and Peggy once we all get down to Florida.

We are now in the TA RV Park in Greenville, Louisiana. When we came down to Louisiana this past October we found this to be an ideal stopping place for an overnight stay. We are directly behind a TA Truck Stop. Nice park with 50amp service and cable TV for a very reasonable price. After we got set up the dogs took me out for a walk and then back to the coach for supper. Now we've all settled in for the night and will leave out early tomorrow morning and head south. Taking it slow and easy. Not due in Navarre, Florida, until Sunday. Still thinking about where I want to stop along the way.

(No pictures in today's post since most was spent driving and we got into the RV park after dusk.)

3 comments:

Shelley said...

So, what did you guys have for dinner? Did you go to the truckstop (it doesn't sound that way) or did you cook in the RV (I can't picture it). Just curious.

Rick Stone said...

Shelly,
Actually fixed myself a salad last night. Tonight I used the convection oven and cooked a pizza. I'm by no means a cook but over the last couple of months I've really had to fend for myself.

Shelley said...

I'm proud of your, Rick. Cooking is a life skill I think everyone should have, part of being a grown up. Bill loves to cook and while I used to think of it as a chore, I have come to enjoy it a great deal as well. I'm really impressed with the salad!