Sunday, January 8, 2012

Florida Bound 2012--Day 4

We have arrived.

After three days we are now in Florida. Crossed over from Alabama around noon and none too soon. Bridgit had been trying to tell me she needed to go out before we got to Mobile. The Florida Welcome Center and rest stop was the first place I found to pull off. We stopped for a few minutes to let the pups get out and stretch and do their business and then back on the road for the few more miles to the town of Navarre. We are now set up for the next week in a small RV park, Magnolia Beach Campground, right along the beach. This area is called the Emerald Coast and has some of the most beautiful white sandy beaches a person could find.

After getting the car unhooked, the coach set up for living instead of driving and the dogs out for a short walk I called my cousin Yvonne and her husband Bob to let them know we were here. The RV park is about three blocks south of their house. Next it was off to their house for a nice visit. The dogs enjoyed being able to roam around their backyard while we sat on the patio and caught up on things. Their house is on a small lake and there is no fence across the back so the dogs could walk right down to the water. With Bridgit's penchant for water I had to keep a close eye on her to keep her from wading in. After a while it was time to come back to the coach so the pups could have supper. Yvonne and Bob came by soon after and the three of us went to a local seafood restaurant for "all you can eat" shrimp. While I was waiting for them I strolled down to the beach here at the park to snap a sunset picture. The food was great and we've had a good time visiting and catching up on old times.

2 comments:

Rod said...

Nice picture Rick! Enjoy your Florida stay are you going to the Monacoers rally at LazyDays?

Shelley said...

I've had some great times in Florida on the Gulf Coast. I hope to drag Bill down there one day. Your cousin has beautiful skin, not something I would expect to see in a Florida resident. Perhaps she is there for the climate, but not the sun? Poor Bridgit. I don't envy her having to beg to go to the toilet. I spent every holiday of my first marriage doing just that. I was so glad with H2 had a small bladder like mine...possibly his best feature now I think of it.